Sunday, January 12, 2014

Kiss a Ginger Day


The Poet kisses the Ginger Storyteller.

This is one of my favourite photographs from our Cork Wedding, the tenderness just oozes out of the picture.
I thought it only perfect for the day that's in it, 'Kiss a Ginger Day'. 
My spiral red curls drape down my face and my mouth and his kiss a gentle, soul touching kiss, as we prepare to cross St. Brighid's Girdle. This photo just takes me right back there and I could not imagine a better expression for Kiss a Ginger Day.

I am forever loosing track of 'International Days of......', I usually get a reminder through some FaceBook posting or e-mail. Today it was FaceBook. I was reading a post from The Irish Redhead Convention. I was the Official Storyteller for the event this past summer, 2013. It was one of the most liberating experiences of my life!! I promise to post more about it in the coming days and weeks. I suspect January's Blog to be occupied by my upcoming 10th Wedding Anniversary, Christmas and Winter's End and the journey that took me down to Cork to Tell The "Redhead #11" Stories. And isn't that enough?

I read the post on FaceBook, and my Husband reading over my shoulder, immediately leaned down and smothered me in KISSES!


This Ginger Elf was given a Kiss today as well!

The Christmas Tree came down today. About half of the Christmas ornaments are already packed away. The rest sit patiently on the table awaiting the same fate. This Ginger Elf was given a hug and kiss from me, just one Ginger to another, then left on the table for one more day of freedom. He is so special to me, as are all our ornaments. They each have their own story to tell. They each carry a special memory of a special person or place or time. This is one of the ornaments that hung on my Nanie and Seanathaire's Christmas Tree. He hung there for longer than all the Christmas's I can remember. He is more than half a century old. 
He is my Ginger Elf and I love him. He reminds me of the goodness of a Family Christmas long, long ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment